PG&E launches online market for energy efficient products
Electric Light & Power, April 24, 2017
Pacific Gas and Electric Co. launched the updated PG&E Marketplace with a new user interface and design. PG&E Marketplace is a website for customers to find energy-saving appliances and consumer electronics.
The site allows customers to discover energy-efficient products and appliances from many of their favorite retailers – with information updated daily. Additionally, PG&E Marketplace includes products that offer PG&E customers rebates including pool pumps, electric water heaters and gas water heaters in 2017.
“PG&E Marketplace is one more way that we’re helping customers save energy at home. By making it easy for them to explore energy-efficient appliances and electronics, our customers can make smart choices for a big difference on their energy bills and also for the environment,” said Vincent Davis, senior director of energy efficiency at PG&E.
On the newly launched site, customers can now save their searches, designate favorite products and choose to receive email alerts when the price of a product drops or to be updated on products they are interested in. PG&E also added new products to the site including tablets, monitors, projectors, connected home devices, dishwashers and dehumidifiers.
As they browse PG&E Marketplace for products, customers can view:
- The Energy Score of the product to help compare individual models. The higher the score, the more energy the customer will save.
- The Clear Cost of the product, which is the cost of buying a product plus the estimated cost of running it for its lifetime including energy costs.
- A product’s price compared to similar products.
- Specific details about products as well as user reviews aggregated from retail sites.
- Eligible PG&E rebates on select products, which are easily accessible on the website.
- Additionally, customers can find local stores where the product is available.
PG&E Marketplace includes a range of energy-efficient products. For example, customers can explore LED lighting options, which use 75 percent less energy than incandescent lightbulbs and last up to 20 years longer. Additional products on the site include consumer electronics such as tablets and televisions; heating and cooling products including air conditioners and thermostats; connected home devices like energy monitors and smart locks; and kitchen and home products including dehumidifiers, dishwashers, clothes washers and more.